Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Claiming people on 2009 Taxes

Posted by Саша 11:04, under | No comments


Claiming people on 2009 Taxes? Claiming people on 2009 Taxes?

I live in Michigan. I am 24 years of age and a full time college student with a 8 month old daughter. I am on foodstamps with my fiance and daughter. I file a 1099 every year. It usually says I make between $1,000 and $2,500 but I get college loans to pay my bills and get by. My dad wants to claim me on his taxes. Can he actually claim me my child and my fiance. If he can claim me can I still claim my duaghter since I pay for everything she needs.


Other Answers:




Your dad can only claim you if he provides over half of your support for the year, and you make under $3500. If he can claim you, you can't claim your child although he might be able to, particularly if the child lived with him for over half the year. A dependent can't claim a dependent.

He can only claim your fiance if your fiance lived with your dad ALL year, made under $3500, and your dad provided over half of your fiance's support for the year.

If you lived with your dad, remember that the value of housing and household expenses that he provides is part of his contribution to your support.



If your dad claimed you then you cannot claim your daughter. If you cannot support yourself you cannot have a dependent. If you pay your own expenses then your dad cannot claim you. You would have to live with your father all year and he would have to supply more than half your income. You cannot have earned more than 3400. It is called qualifying relative.






0 коммент.:

Post a Comment