Tuesday, 22 October 2013

A nurse said it was too late to stitch my cuts It had only been 1 day

Posted by Саша 17:11, under | No comments


A nurse said it was too late to stitch my cuts? It had only been 1 day? A nurse said it was too late to stitch my cuts? It had only been 1 day?

Is she right? It's now been 2 days and my cuts need stitching. Their probably only 6cm's long but gape open to about 4 inches. I could see a lot of white/yellow fatty tissue in the cut. I went to a&e and they was going to stitch it but tried sticky strips and they worked. I got sent home and an hour later the cuts gaped apart again. I can't go back as I have no one to take me and they made me feel very much like I was wasting their time. I saw a nurse at my gp today who put a big plaster on it which got soaked in blood and again fell off an hour later. I don't know what to do. I did this to myself in great distress and now I'm faced with more scars when they heal, only these are huge. How can I get my doctor to stitch them? I have an open wound which is bleeding/leaking puss as it has been for the past 2 days.


Answers:



It's too late to get them stitched. You can't go past 12 hours after the injury due to risk of infection. All you can do now is use butterfly band aids or steri strips to keep them from gaping



GO TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM!!! That is why they are there. If you don't want to do that, go to a store, pick up some gauze, medical tape, and isopropanal alcohol. As much as it is going to hurt and suck poor some of the alcohol on the wound to clean it out and then wrap it tight (but not to the point of cutting off your circulation) with the gauze and tape it up. Change the bandages and clean out the wound every day. But an ER would be the best place to go.









0 коммент.:

Post a Comment