Sunday 15 June 2014

Help with my Spins Please

Posted by Саша 19:45, under | No comments


Help with my Spins Please? Help with my Spins Please?

So I'm about to start my axel jump, but i ca barley do a scratch spin :( My coach said that I almost have it so she moved me onto other spins but I can't get those either. So far I've learned my attitude and one foot spin ( have those down) my scratch spin, sit spin, back spin, and camel spin, and i'm preparing for my lay back spin. The problem with the spins:
Scratch spin: I can never get centered enough to feel comfortable crossing my foot over, and if I do, well, I travel a lot and then uncross it too soon.
Sit spin: I can't get low enough. And when I do get low enough my back is hunched over so it look terrible, but when I try to straighten my back, I can't go down far enough :( And i always end up on one of my edges to that it slows me down, and I drop my heel so it scratches the ice.
Back spin: I have to entry to the spin right, but I pull in and then get un centered, travel, and only hold it for one rotation.
Camel: I can never get it like my spiral, my spiral is really nice, but my camels not. I can't get my leg up far enough, and I travel and Im un centered.
Please help! My coach says new skate blades (which I'm getting) might help because i have rec blades and boots (getting new boots too) and they have no rocker. But I want to be able to do these spins whether I have new blades or not. Please help any answers are appreciated! <3


Other Answers:




scratch spin:
after your windup, right before you pull in, make sure you are completely balanced. you want your free leg to be out and almost as high as your hip, this will really help balance you out. while you are pulling in, you want to make sure that your free leg (which is probably your right leg) is completely parallel with your right arm. meaning, when you pull in you want to pull in your free leg and your arms at the same time. you don't want to pull your arms in and have your free leg out, or pull your free leg in and have your arms out. pulling them in slowly, but at the same time will really help. once your more comftorable with the spin, start pulling in a little faster, this will really help you gain some speed :)

sit spin:
nobody can get low enough while first learning it. the trick is to practice practice practice. i know this is really annoying and frustrating to hear but thats all you really need to do. the more you do your sit spin, your leg muscles will become stronger, and the lower it will become. if you want you can practice your sit spin position off ice. do squats in a sit spin position, this will help you ALOT. also remember that after your windup, before you get into the sit spin position, you want to be in an upright position for atleast 1 revolutuion. kinda like right before you would pull into your scratch spin, you want your arms to be out, your free leg to be out, and your leg almost as high as your hip. once you are completely balanced you can go down into your sit spin position. remember you want your free leg and your right arm to be parallel while getting into that sit spin position.

back spin:
your back spin can be hard because it's not on your usual spinning leg, but all it really is is finding what part of the blade you need to balance on. you just need to mess around with it and become more comftorable spinning on your other leg. once you are comftorable spinning on your other leg, you will soon find what part of the blade you need to balance on, and it will be a piece of cake. you really need to practice this a lot. like whenever your just standing out there on the ice bored or whatever, just do a back spin, right now just focus on balancing on the right part of the blade instead of focusing on getting a lot of revolutions.

camel:
when your winding up, you want the upper half of your body to pretty much be in the camel position, so when you go into your spin you don't have to adjust your body much. thats all the advice i really have for you because i'm working on my camel spin right now myself.


new blades will probably really help you a lot. i had really crappy skates, and when i got my new skates i was a million times better.









0 коммент.:

Post a Comment