Saturday 1 March 2014

Bios cannot detect Hard Drive

Posted by Саша 06:08, under | No comments


Bios cannot detect Hard Drive? Bios cannot detect Hard Drive?

I have an Dell Inspiron 530. Yesterday After moving the tower to another room, when I plugged everything back in, I booted up, but the bios screen took much longer than expected ( 2 mins) then It wanted to boot from the disk, which was weird because the boot sequence was set to Hard Drive first.
I restarted and went back to the bios screen.

SATA 0 detected nothing but the HDD was definitely connected
SATA 1 detected my optical disk drive
SATA 4 & 5 had nothing
2&3 were not installed in the first place

No matter how many times I reconnected the sata cables, it still wouldn't auto detect it in the bios screen. But I noticed the Hard drive itself was spinning inside and the fact that it took a while in the bios screen when I tried to press enter and it said "detecting hard drive" in SATA 0 but the others instantly said nothing was detected. apart from the cd drive.

Should I try and reset the CMOS and try again or shall I take the hard drive to a repair shop and have them test out the Hard drive if it is defective?


Other Answers:













0 коммент.:

Post a Comment