Tuesday 4 February 2014

What is a half-pad for

Posted by Саша 17:48, under | No comments


What is a half-pad for? What is a half-pad for?

I have been looking at new saddle pads for my A/P english saddle and wondered what half-pads are for? Do you use them with another pad or just alone? My saddle makes me feel like my horse is waaaaay under me, like I can't feel her with too much padding, so I was wondering if a half-pad would help us? I just want general info about them! Thanks! ;)


Other Answers:




a half pad is used for extra support where most the weight is on the saddle up against the horse. I use a memory foam half pad bec. my horse has a high wither and a regular English wool shape pad so my leg has room to squeeze. Try this method I think it will fix your problem.
hope I helped...please best answer!



A half pad is used over an all purpose or other thin pad. It is used to take the weight off of the withers for horses that have sensitive backs. Other pads rise in the back a little for horses who's backs are slanted downwards to lift the saddle so it lies evenly.



I know this isn't an answer but...thanks for asking this question because I was wondering what they were for! They have been flying off the shelves at the local tack shop and I just could NOT figure them out. The are obviously the new "thing" for the hunter/jumpers.



It's used when you don't have enough room for a full pad.

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment