Saturday 18 January 2014

Claiming mileage on my taxes

Posted by Саша 21:47, under | No comments


Claiming mileage on my taxes? Claiming mileage on my taxes?

Can I claim my work mileage on my taxes even though I receive a car allowance? I drive about 25k a year for my work as I am in sales and I use my own car. I am paid a car allowance by my employer and it is taxed. Can I still claim my business mileage on my taxes? Thanks for any help.


Other Answers:




Yes you can claim the mileage if your car allowance is being taxed.

Check out the links below they will be of some help.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p463/ch0...

Christine EA Master Tax Adviser

Any advice included in this message is based on our understanding of current tax law as it applies to the facts that you gave us.



If you itemize and declare the income reimbursement your employer gives you for using your car, you can take either the standard per mile rate or your actual expenses such as insurance, gas and oil.






0 коммент.:

Post a Comment