Tuesday 24 December 2013

How does margin account work

Posted by Саша 17:47, under | No comments


How does margin account work? How does margin account work?

how much do I pay when I buy with margin account?
I know different brokers charge different interest rates, but am I going to be charged after every trade based on I much money I borrowed for that particular trade ? If I buy as much as I made deposit, am I going to be charged? and regulation T still applies to margin accounts just like cash account?


Other Answers:




Good questions!

Just trading in a margin account doesn't mean that you're buying on margin. To buy on margin you will actually need to specify that you're buying on margin, or buy more than the amount of money in your account.

When you do buy on margin the interest rate is typically about 50%, so unless you got some insider knowledge, it makes absolutely no sense to buy anything on margin. And if you do have insider knowledge then why buy stocks, when you can buy options and get a LOT more leverage.

Hope that helped,
Good Luck!









0 коммент.:

Post a Comment