Sunday 8 December 2013

Appreciating gratitude

Posted by Саша 03:09, under | No comments


Appreciating gratitude? Appreciating gratitude?

I'm a person who loves doing nice things for people and making them feel good about themselves, but I feel a little uncomfortable in the spotlight when I receive recognition. I recently did something nice for a few friends I work with. (I wrote a thank you message and made them a gift.) They all individually thanked me, to which I replied a soft-spoken "you're welcome." After I said that though, I blushed or looked away quickly.

I don't want them to think that I don't appreciate their gratitude though since I responded briefly and didn't necessarily hold eye contact. I really appreciate the fact that they thanked me and said that it meant a lot, but at the same time, I get a little uncomfortable with attention. I just don't want people to think I'm disregarding their gratitude.

So, I was just wondering if you were on the receiving end of my brief, soft-spoken "you're welcome", what would you think?


Other Answers:




You obviously appreciate them (hince the thank you gifts) so I wouldn't receive your brief "you're welcome" as anything negative. I would probably take it as humility. :)



It would be fine as long as it seemed sincere...






0 коммент.:

Post a Comment