Friday 15 November 2013

Transparent oil technique transparent painting, please help

Posted by Саша 22:38, under | No comments


Transparent oil technique/ transparent painting, please help.? Transparent oil technique/ transparent painting, please help.?

I have some cloud paper that I want to paint on. I want to use oil paint and (not sure what product, I should use) And when I paint over the paper, I want the oil pant to have the same cake icing like texture, but remain transparent. I want to use a spatula to spead the paint or whatever medium over the paper, remaining transparent so the cloud paper background can still show through. What should I use? Should I use some type of transparent glaze? Or Gesso? Should I mix something into the oil paint?


Other Answers:




Transparent or translucency of paint is governed by two things. The first is the pigment, the second it the pigment to vehicle ratio (Vehicle is the binder used in paints like oil or acrylic).

For what you are describing, you should avoid using any opaque paints, while you can thin these down substantial to look transparent, it does not take much to get very opaque and thinning paints down too much usually results in other problems. Examples of transparent pigments are Ultramarine Blue, Alizerine Crimson, Indian Yellow, Pthalo Green, Sap Green. Some pigments will be more transparent than others.

In oil paints, you can add more oil to the paint to reduce the pigment to oil ratio resulting in a more transparent/translucent paint. The more oil you add the thinner it gets. Using Stand oil instead of regular oil can help keep the paint thick, a wax medium can also help but you will get a more matt finish. There are other addative you can add, though some are not too easy to find except in pigment supply spots like Sinopia, Kremer , Natural Pigments. There you can add transparent fillers like, glass, aluminum hydroxide, or other transparent pigments.

PS_You can paint on paper and not worry about it deteriorating so long as you size it. I brush rabitskin glue over my paper and it works great.









0 коммент.:

Post a Comment